How to access our services
People requiring transport must be registered with My Aged Care.
To register you can call My Aged Care for free on 1800 200 422 between the hours of 8am – 8pm, Monday to Friday, or 10am – 2pm, Saturdays
For a brochure on My Aged Care please click here
You can ask My Aged Care to be referred directly to Wollongong Council’s Community Transport or choose another service provider.
If you are already registered with My Aged care for other Commonwealth Home Support Program services we can help you, please call 1300 987 422 to discuss how we can assist.
Community Transport services are available for older people, people who are transport disadvantaged and their carers who are:
- 65 years or older
- 50 years or older for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- referred to the service by My Aged Care
- reside in the Illawarra area (Austinmer to Dunmore)
- live independently within the community
- unable to use public transport safely and independently
- no longer driving a vehicle or hold a NSW Driver’s Licence
- transport disadvantaged, limited by physical, social or geographical factors and are not able to access to mainstream transport services
If you are under 65 years of age and transport disadvantaged you may call Community Transport direct on 1300 987 422 between the hours of 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday to speak with our staff to discuss your situation and the eligibility criteria for the Community Transport Project (CTP). You will be asked permission for us to provide some of your details to Government departments as part of our CTP funding requirements; you have the right to refuse your information being disclosed.
If you are ineligible for our services we can suggest other services that may be of assistance. For our Information, support, advocacy and complaints page click here.
Funded by the Australian Government Department of Health under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP). Although funding for Community Transport has been provided by the Australian Government, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government.