Information, support, advocacy and complaints

In addition to our staff, the services and organisations below may be able to help you find your way through the system with referral information, contact numbers and addresses, support, advocacy, complaints and general guidance on what is available to you.

We welcome your feedback, if you have any comments, suggestions, complaints or compliments about our service please let us know. You can contact us to provide feedback on our service by calling 1300 987 422 or by filling in our online feedback hereYou can also send us an email here. We use your feedback to improve our services. We are commited to providing you with service in line with the Charter of Aged Care rights please click here to view the Charter .

My Aged Care, is the Australian Government’s starting point on your aged care journey. Find and access the Government-funded services you need here or Call 1800 200 422.

Illawarra Aboriginal Corporation, the Illawarra Aboriginal Corporation (IAC) is a non for profit organisation dedicated to meeting the social, cultural and economic needs of Aboriginal people in the Illawarra region. The organisation currently delivers a range of programs including housing, aged care, child care, emergency relief, employment and training and child youth and family services.

Transport NSW Roads and Maritime Services, information on older driver licensing.

Wollongong City Council, services for older people.

Illawarra Taxi Network (ITN), has a total of 136 vehicles, with 12 Wheelchair Accessible vehicles and 12 maxi taxis which seat 6-11 passengers.

The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).

Community Transport Organisation Ltd (CTO), is the peak body for community transport services in NSW & ACT.

Older People’s Mental Health Services (OPMHS) like people of any age, older people may experience problems with their mental health. OMPHS have services and programs to assist.

Shellharbour City Council, find the community group or service you need in the Shellharbour area.

The Illawarra Aboriginal Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation (AMS) has many services available to its clients – both medically and community focused.

Kiama City Council, services for older people.

NSW Elder Abuseoffers a free service that provides information, support and referrals relating to the abuse of older people living in the community across NSW. We place the safety of the older person first. Our service is confidential and callers remain anonymous. Anyone concerned can make a call on 1800 628 221.

The Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) to speak to an advocate, call the National Aged Care Advocacy line on 1800 700 600 (free call) or visit the OPAN website.

The Senior Rights Service is a community legal service for older people you can contact them on 1800 424 079 (free call) or visit their website

You have the right to make a complaint about any aspect of the care and services you receive from an Australian Government-subsidised service provider.  The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commissioner can be called on 1800 951 822 (free call) or visit the website.