Aboriginal communities

Community Transport services for Aboriginal communities.

We are operating in a COVID safe way. Provided your destination is open and operating we will do our best to meet your transport needs based on our available resources.If you or someone you know are finding transport difficult we can assist you with options that may suit your needs. Please call us in the office on 1300 987 422 press 1.

CHSP funded Community Transport is available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people over the age of 50 who have been referred to the service by My Aged Care. Please call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to register. If you would like further assistance on how to register with My Aged Care please call the office for assistance.

If you are under 50, depending on your circumstances, you may also be eligible to receive transport through the Community Transport Program (CTP) please call us on 1300 987 422 to discuss your eligibility.

We can provide assistance towards the cost of fuel for local people to attend funerals and sorry business out of the Illawarra area. Assistance is subject to the availability of resources. Call 1300 987 422 press 1 and ask to speak to one of the staff who can arrange a petrol voucher for you to pick up. A current NSW driver’s licence is required and you must live locally in the Illawarra area.

For community information from AHMRC about Sorry Business and important gatherings please click here or from NACCHO click here.

Forr other links and information that may assist you or someone you may know please click here for Wollongong City Council’s Aboriginal Culture and Communities page.